April 20, 2008

Art Imitates Life

I have begun working on Bine's neighborhood RR, using a design many stitchers will recognize: "Bless Our Home" from Country Cottage Needleworks. I'm changing the design to fit the allotted space, but I'm including the cute puppy under the tree. Leslie's bunny looks as if it is leaving Bine's yard after a satisfying meal.

Which is what this bunny is doing. There's a little family of brown bunnies who make their home in the wild part of our yard and come down to munch on things in my garden. I don't mind--in fact, I welcome them because I love their antics--so I plant extra.

I noticed upon going through my stash that I have an awful lot of charts that I will never have time to stitch, so I thought I might give some away. This is one that I have a duplicate of, Permin of Copenhagen's "Antique Sampler." If you would like to have it, please leave me a comment; first comment requesting it gets it. There will be more; check back every so often.
Edited to add: I borrowed the picture from Permin's site. The picture of the sampler on the package is very light, and I had to look at it twice to see if it was the same sampler. It's charted for DMC on 32 count linen. And, I'll pay for shipping, including to Europe (although I'll choose the cheapest way, which may be slow.)

11 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Oh my goodness, I just love your bunnies - both the real one and the stitched one! :D

Bine said...

oh Glenna, thank you! I love what you have stitched so far :-) And the bunny in your yard looks so cute....

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I would love to get the pattern if you still have it. In any case, that's very generous of you!
Louise
louknits@orange.fr

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I love the little bunny on your stitching. And your little wild bunnies too. My that antique sampler is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine the entertainment value of having bunnies in the garden! :) Cute pic!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

The NRR is looking fabulous :)And the brown bunnies..how sweet are they?! I love to watch them hopping and nibbling on everything in the yard ;)

Deb Cushman said...

We had one little brown wild bunny in our yard in the fall, but haven't seen him this winter or spring. Our weather has been so cold, maybe he moved on! (Or is hiding safely!)It was such a thrill to watch him.

Wendy said...

Lovely start on Bine's RR! I thought the bunny there was yours and laughed that you made sure it was in before the house.

Edgar said...

That is a super start!!!!

Michelle said...

Great start for the neighborhood. I'm going through my stash too at the moment - so much I will probably never stitch!

Anonymous said...

PHi,my name is betty, I live in Arnold CA in the mtns. Not close to any xstitch stores. My love is doing samplers, and I would be honored to have your Perm Antique of Cope sampler to do. My email is Stitchnknit@sbcglobal.net My address is p.o.box855, Arnold Ca 95223 Betty Cunningam Would like a reply from you. Thank you