March 05, 2008

Peaceful Paradise--Midweek Edition

I went to the LNS this weekend, all good intentions, to buy just a few skeins of Crescent Colors to start kitting up Windy Hill by Praiseworthy Stitches. I brought along an old friend, Lemon Tree Sampler, also by Praiseworthy Stitches, and wound up kitting that up also. I'm thinking that other women have to hide their mad purchases from their significant others in giant bags in the trunk or suit bags in the closet. Not me: I can carry home my shameful over-expenditure in an unobtrusive bag tucked into a small purse. And I don't have to tell you what it cost for, oh...30 skeins of GAST, WDW and CC, do I? Tsk. All of which is pretty funny, since my purchasing weakness generally only involves needlework and running shoes, and my favorite trail runners and regular running shoes have both been discontinued, so I can't buy any of those until I sit and try a bunch on.

Anyway, having bought the floss, I started work on Lemon Tree because I loved the way the Saffron WDW (or is it GAST) looked against the brown R&R Reproductions 40 ct. The light on thse projects isn't the best because they were shot at night under the light of the Ott Moon.

And I did a little more work on Peaceful Paradise. Pretty soon it'll be back to working on letters.

"I don't know anything about lemons. I'm waiting for the dandelions to come up."

8 comments:

Laura said...

I like both those samplers that you have kitted up. And I spent an enjoyable bit of time the last couple of days going thru your archives and looking at your "Sunday Samplers".

Anonymous said...

We just got some spring lavender - it was delish!

mainely stitching said...

I had to 'fess up last night when Niek was filling in the new figures for the insurance of our house contents. I thought his eyebrows were going to go right over the top of his head!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

The stitching is lovely! Scratches to Elvis and of course Pink too!

Courtney said...

Oh Glenna...I'm not sure if you know me or not, but I'm 26 and in college, and have a dog as a sidekick. I am commenting to tell you that if you post any more pictures of your adorable bunnies, I am going to have to get one. My dog will then be writing you comments, as I will be too busy hugging bunnies to write anything. She will also be mean in her comments, as she likes to be the center of my attention.

But please post more bunnies! They are ADORABLE!

The Bunns said...

Hi Ya Elvis! You are looking fine today. You don't stitch, do ya! No ... we bet you "UN" stitch .. hee hee. We do too.

Anonymous said...

Hope you aren't getting the flu! Thanks for leaving a comment. You're always welcome to tell me about your day in seven words! Have a great day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Oh I'm so glad that you're starting the lemon tree sampler. It's been on my wishlist forever, and you know how I love lemons! I agree, Eric never knows what he's in for when I say I'm going to the LNS for some thread. He figures I'll be home for about $10. LOL!!