March 29, 2008

Another Brick in the Wall

I'm so pleased today! It's the first day of a one-week vacation, albeit a vacation I'm taking because the house has to be put together after the great flood of '08. And I'm trying out a new-to-me broadband service using a Sprint AirCard. It was easy to install and is a lot better and faster than what I was using. I skipped school this morning and stayed home to stitch on the Neighborhood RR. I'll be done with that tomorrow I think!
Here's Karen's block around 8 a.m.

And here it was around noon. I did some more after that, but took a break to go shopping for new light fixtures for the kitchen. Monday a.m. will see a group of people to put the house back together after Pink's little incident with the plumbing fixture: a plumber, an electrician and some flooring guys.

It is truly spring here now. The cherry trees in DC are blooming right on time for the Cherry Blossom Festival. Here's a bouquet from my yard for Bunnies' Guy and Bunny Lady at A Houseful of Rabbits in the Pacific Northwest, whose buns are seeing snow, for Carol, who woke up to a blanket of snow in New Hampshire (Carol, it's pretty, but brrrr) and for all of you who are experiencing frozen stuff and cold temperatures! Spring is on its way, I promise!

4 comments:

RG said...

Ooooo that just makes our day!!!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hello dear Glenna! Does Pink still want to be a plumber? Silly rabbit1 Your stitching looks wonderful as do the daffodils.

mainely stitching said...

Love those narcissus. (Narcissi?)

And the NRR block is coming along beautifully! :D

I bet you'll be so glad to have Pink's Plumbing Adventure behind you once & for all!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...your needle must have been smoking after all that stitching! The flowers are so pretty. A nice way to warm up our friends who are still suffering through the last stages on Winter.