February 08, 2008

Hopping Along

I've done some stitching on Spring Sampler this week. I'm not sure about the pink eyes on the rabbit. We'll see; I can frog them out. Or I'll ask Pink what he thinks. This photo doesn't show the prettiness of the blue linen.

"How come Pink gets on a sampler and I don't?"

I bought a few samplers on ebay this week; this one is by Green Apple Co. and is called "Beatrix Potter Christmas Tree." I don't remember my Beatrix Potter well, so I'm not sure what the big blob of a critter is under the tree. I'll have to research that. I love Beatrix Potter's animals, and I read somewhere that she loved animals so much that she was constantly smuggling rabbits, mice and hedgehogs into the house. I won't kit this up anytime soon; I typically don't stitch Christmas designs much before Thanksgiving, which gives a bit of a narrow window, although I may make an exception for a couple of the designs I've already started and which I really like.


6 comments:

Michelle said...

Your Spring Sampler is so cute. I love it on that blue fabric.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Pretty, pretty stitching! Tell sweet Elvis his turn will come. he must be a patient, sweet little bunny boy!

RG said...

Hey, great to see that progress! Pretty stuff. Tell Elvis that tough guys and rock stars are not on samplers! He will need a postage stamp!

Anonymous said...

If I had a little girl her room would have been filled with Peter Rabbit stuff. My guess would be that's Samuel Whiskers...but it's a WAG...here's a link to a nice page of Potter's main characters...
http://www.peterrabbit.com/funandgames/funandgames7.cfm?territory=3&country=22

Elvis is too cute!

Annemarie said...

I say keep the pink eyes. I like them! Lovely sampler, this. I can't wait to see your progress on this one!

Twana said...

I like the pink eyes.