March 01, 2015

Ice Ice Baby

We're having a lovely long ice storm here in Virginia today, so today was a cozy stitching day. The house is warm and I'm making a pot roast using hard cider as the braising liquid (Angry Orchard--a sip for me, a glug for the pan).

I've been going through some slides from my dad's house. I bought a rudimentary little hand scanner at Best Buy. Put the slide in, push it under the light, hit the save button and it saves to an SD card. This picture is of me, circa 1958. We lived in Vermont at the time, and the fire department would spray down the football field of the school across the street. There would be a huge bonfire, and they'd turn on the night game lights and everyone would skate, even the little kids since no one was going to fall through the ice and drown. Here I'm modeling strap-on double-runner blades over my red boots.

I was also sick last week and missed a couple days of work, so this project has seen a lot of stitching action lately: Jane Clarkson. She's a bit more than half-way done.
I'd like to finish some large things this year and have tried not to get too excited about Market. There are a few things I want to buy, of course. The ladies from In Stitches are on their way back with a truck load of stuff, literally. And if you haven't seen it, go to the Essamplaire and take a look at Phebe Kreibel (2nd page of "This Year"). My stars, what a project. I've also had some nice ebay wins of charts I've been wanting to stitch forever, so it looks as if I'm going to be plenty busy this year, doesn't it?
I've finished block number four of Sampler Tendresse.
One more letter ("Y") to go in the left column. I love the way this looks, so I'm being patient with it, but those squiggles around the border of each letter will be the death of me.
Here's something new, by Renato Parolin, "Villagio." It's stitched on mystery 32 count fabric from my stash using the called-for DMC. I'd like to do all four houses and two Christmas trees. They're quick and easy, and a nice break from stitching big samplers.
Here's a close-up of the little houses.
And the whole project.
Peaches is taking a moment away from cuddling with Pink to say, "Happy winter Sunday!"

17 comments:

Ann said...

Love ALL your projects! Hope you're over whatever knocked you out for a couple of days, but at least you have something wonderful to show for it!

Margaret said...

Jane Clarkson is gorgeous! Love your other projects too, but that one is the winner for me. I'm trying to be good about market. I'm counting on you not to show anything to tempt me. lol!

Giovanna said...

Great stitching - how did I miss that Parolin chart?? And yes, that Phoebe chart is really spectacular (and tempting!)

Karen said...

Really beautiful! You've made some really good progress on Jane; she's lovely.

Karen said...

Oh my, I just went over to The Essamplaire website and checked out their New This Year page. That's a dangerous place!

Unknown said...

Beautiful projects!! I love all.

Robin said...

Glenna, I love your progress on Jane. I have been watching that because I do want to stitch her. I smiled at your young picture...such good memories. Thank you for the direction on how you scanned your slides...good info!

Melissa said...

Yesterday when I got the Essamplaire newsletter and I saw Phebe, I immediately thought "That's a Glenna sampler!" I kid you not! So, I guess you will be stitching that one soon! ;-)

There are loads of lovely things at this market. I am going to pace myself!

Love your stitching (of course). Jane is looking so pretty. I sighn every time I see her.

Keep warm!

RG said...

Double runners - yup - had them too. Just could hardly wait to get single runners like the "big kids"!

Daffodils and lawn mowing here - sorry.

Cari said...

Love seeing a pic of you iceskating at such a young age. My dad used to flood a field behind our house and we'd skate like we were going to be in the Olympics one day !! It was so much fun and made great memories.

I love your Jane Clarkson. She is lovely. This one will be amazing when you finish it.

Hugs to your sweet bunnies and Kitten-Kitten !!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

All your stitching is so beautiful my friend. Hello Miss Peaches!

Tammy said...

Everything looks great! Sweet bun bun...

Anonymous said...

Hey Glenna! :)

dissertation help service said...

Really wonderful to looks all your works. Looking forward new works and posts from you

Debby said...

Hi, I've been reading your blog for most of the day and would like to subscribe but can't seem to find the block to do that. Can you point me in the right direction? Thank you.

DEWI said...


INFORMASI PEMBESAR KELAMIN PRIA

qum arabian
alat pembesar alat vital
vakum pembesar alat vital
vigrx plus
vimax asli
minyak lintah papua
cobra oil
obat pembesar penis klg
obat pembesar alat vital ampuh

INFORMASI OBAT PERANGSANG WANITA

blue wizard asli obat perangsang cair
potenzol obat perangsang pria
sex drop obat perangsang wanita

INFORMASI TENTANG PELANGSING BADAN ALAMMI

lida daidahua original
obat pelangsing fatloss
fatloss asli obat pelangsing alami
body slim herbal obat pelangsing herbal
cream pelangsing perut
fruit plant asli
meizitang strong asli

Ruiz said...

So proud of your blog, I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com