I took today off to get a doctor's appointment out of the way and buy a tire for my car. The tire took two hours to install, so I got some stitching done.
I'd like to say how honored I am to be selected for an award by blogging buddies. This is from Crafty Green Poet.
Margaret at Days of a Sampler Lover and Theresa at Giraffe Xing awarded me with this.
Let's see--I'm supposed to tell something interesting/secret about myself. I don't think I'm that interesting, but I'll tell you a few things you might not know:
1. I drove a tractor trailer coast to coast for two years when I was much younger--this was taken in 1980. My ex-husband and I owned this franchise. We had neither power steering nor a jake brake, so you had to put some muscle behind a slow turn, and you'd better be in the right gear going down a mountain!
2. In spite of that, I cannot parallel park a car. People who ride with me are crying "Look! there's a spot right in front of the place!" If it's a single parallel spot, I will drive on by while everyone has a fit. Fortunately, in Massachusetts, where I initially got my license, parallel parking was not required.
3. I finally finished my first college degree when I was 48.
4. I play the violin. I had stopped for a long time, and I took it up again a few years ago, although I've shelved it again until I finish this latest degree.
5. The best job I ever had was 15 years ago, when I was a night word processor for a law firm. I worked the 5 p.m. to midnight shift, and I was generally the only one in the building. I usually finished my work by nine or so, but because I had to stay until midnight, I did whatever I wanted until it was time to leave. Unfortunately, I had not developed the stitching obsession yet. When I walked the few blocks to get my car I used to note the number of rats in the big decorative planters in front of the office buildings--along which people would sit during the day to eat their lunches. If only they knew how many rats had been cavorting in their picnic spot!
Five's enough--they're getting boring.
I am supposed to name some other blogs, to receive the award, but I can't choose! I enjoy so many of your blogs, and I think you all deserve an award!
On to the needlework!
Here's a little work I've done on Catharine McNeal--photographed on the rug in the room where it'll hang. I like how well the colors go together:
And a closeup of the over-one stitching. The tree is over-two, but the fruit basket is over one. Because the fabric threads as plump and so are the NPI fibers, I elected to do tent stitch instead of the full cross. The bottom three rows on the basket are full cross, but I didn't like the way they were squished, so I decided to do tent instead.
The bunnies are busy today planning their Easter events.
Scratchy: "They're very busy under the bed!"
See you Sunday!