January 11, 2009

I'd Forget My Head

The woman in the pink dress has lost her keys. And her eyeglasses. I'm that woman! Actually, things have become more orderly since I've been out of school, but they're about to get chaotic again. I'd originally signed up for just two accounting courses this semester, which start on Feb. 2--a comfortable workload following a nice break. At the last minute I added a third course, Corporate Finance, which starts at the end of this week. I'm impatient to get out of my present career and into a new one, so I'm going to push myself. So the nice leisurely weekends of stitching and knitting and napping and cooking are coming to an end. Along with remembering to comb my hair before I leave the house. This project, at least, will be done. I didn't finish, but I'm close--just a few more elements to stitch.

Peaches: "A lady should always remember to be well-groomed."

One more sampler house from Fredericksburg's historic district. This is a little different--sorry for the angle of the shot--I had to shoot over the parked cars. The colors are remarkable, I think. They are probably historically correct, even though I never would have used that salmon color--ugh. I suspect it's a carpenter gothic, but I'm not sure because the windows are not arched. It's so interesting to have all these different vintage homes on the same streets. When we bought our house, we looked downtown at some historic homes in our budget. There were some houses that were going to need a scary and constant infusion of money--talk about money pits--so we passed.

Have a great week!

9 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I love the picture of Peaches!

So how much longer before you're finished with your program? Accounting classes bore me silly, although real life accounting doesn't bore me in the slightest. Go figure.

If you get a chance to take a fund accounting class, go for it. Universities, school districts, and government offices always need accountants and the jobs are more recession-resistant than many.

RG said...

Corporate Finance ... hmmmm ...

Something about those words in these current times seem strange.

Do you think "Bailout" is in the glossary of the text-book?

Good luck being a student again!

Anonymous said...

You are so right Peaches.

Lelia said...

I always enjoy your bunny pictures :) The house photos would be great on samplers!! Good luck with your classes & stitch when spare time is your friend

The Scarlett House said...

Another very cool house, but the colors, not so much. You sure have a schedule to contend with. Why don't you just have a career in stitching like me? It doesn't pay anything, and actually costs you money, but it's better than a real job :)

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Well, better a heavy class load in spring than in winter, good fortune with that. Peaches is such a peach, thanks for taking her in. Nice little house, I'd like the room over the porch, please.

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenna,
I just wanted to say that I am really enjoying the houe pictures you have been posting. My sister lives in Virginia (near DC) and I love visiting her and getting to discover new areas. Fredrickburg is definitely on the list for next time !
Louise in France

Tammy said...

Yeah, I think it takes LOTS and lots of cash to upkeep some of those places! Your stitching looks FABU and the buns are adorable as always!

Kristen said...

Ooooh, extra cute picture of Peaches! I wish I could give her a snuggle. :)