January 20, 2008

Peaceful Paradise

I've worked a little on Peaceful Paradise this week. After all the black writing, the little shots of color are especially fun to do. I'm working into a section below that's all color changes, and I'm looking forward to that.

I picked up this WIP and worked a bit on it also. It's an old Beatrix Potter kit I bought maybe 20 years ago. Unlike some projects after that amount of time, it doesn't feel dated to me, and I like it as much now, even if the subject is a bit childish for a grown woman to display.

Didn't Coke used to use the slogan, "The paws that refreshes?" This is Elvis compared to the size of a normal 12-ounce diet coke can. He didn't drink it, though; he's already hyper enough without the caffeine.

It's a cold and sunny Sunday here--perfect for a long cozy stitching session by the fire. BF has decided, however, that we should see a movie and go out for dinner. I really can't argue--it's nice that he wants to do that, even if I tend to be a bit of a hermit on the weekend. I'd love to stay home and curl up on the sofa with my stitching, knitting or a book though. Fortunately, tomorrow's a holiday for my firm, so I get another day off.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Glad you keep your bunnies off Coke! LOL!

Love your recent stitching, too!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hello to Elvis! What a cutie he is! i love Pink too! Your wips are gorgeous!

Megumi said...

Your projects look very nice - I especially like the Beatrix Potter piece (I've always had a fondness for her illustrations). Your bunny is cute too!

Deborah/LavenderRose said...

I'm looking at the Beatrix to stitch for Jessica's baby room. We have to wait until we find out whether she's having a boy or girl, though. We should know this month...hopefully on the 4th of Feb. But, I think Beatrix Potter is timeless and for all of us, Glenna!

Michelle said...

I really like your Beatrix Potter piece - cute!