May 05, 2013

Stitching Helpers

Hi, all! I took Friday off, so I had a little extra time for stitching this weekend--when I wasn't in the garden planting things, or at the garden center, or hauling things around in my little car, or back at the garden center, or hacking at weeds or planting rose bushes and peonies. I'm half dead tonight as well as sunburned, but I do have some progress to show on Anagram Diffusion's Sampler Tendresse. I had intended to stitch a block a month, and that idea's flown out the window--these blocks are LARGE.
I've done quite a lot on Liz Easdon. I call this image "Hoping the Borders Meet Up." I am hoping for a Memorial Day weekend finish. It has occurred to me--I should find some more projects! Fortunately, Maude & Mozart has provided me with plenty of ideas for what to stitch next!
See the look of horror on the cat's face? He has witnessed something disturbing...and I don't mean just the odd-looking little t-rex looking critter.
See the t-rex to the right of the little red chicken on the lawn in the above photo? T-rex borrowed from National Geographic's website.
I'm distracted here, photographing the over-one stitching that is taking me a long time to do on this sampler, for some reason.
And then! A marauder! An intruder with sharp claws! Yikes!
"Kitten-Kitten! Down! Kitten-Kitten! Off!" Kitten-Kitten: "It's on the bed, so it must be something to sleep on, right?"
Peaches: "I'm worried about the t-rex. And also, something has left butt prints on my towel. Was it you, Kitten-Kitten?"
Happy week ahead!

14 comments:

Deb said...

You always have such wonderful things in the stitching pile. I really love that block for Anagram's Diffusions, but I can imagine that it takes longer than what you thought. It's going to be beautiful though. And I hear you on the over one - it takes so much time, but the results are definitely work it.

And no, Kitty, no - Miss Kitty is like Mr. Bailey - thinks that everything laying out somewhere is for him.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I have several of those "hope the borders meet up projects."

And yes Miss Callie Mae wants to assist with the project and does not understand when I ask her to take her nap off the sampler

Melissa said...

LOL - yes, you're right, it's a T-Rex by the red chicken! Fancy that! There's a first time for everything!

Elizabeth is looking gorgeous.

Margaret said...

The Anagram Diffusion piece is really pretty! And Elizabeth Easdon is wonderful! lol -- t-rex! Love it! I really do have to stitch this one. Change the face up a bit and it's Mia!

Annette-California said...

First time I've seen a T-Rex on a sampler - really cool:) lol Love the blocks your stitching and your sampler is looking incredible.
love Annette

Katrina said...

You are so funny!!!!! Love, love, love Miss Easdon!!!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Your stitching is beautiful and then here comes your own t rex! LOL! Sylvia has gotten me once or twice and my heart nearly stops!

Minnie said...

I love seeing all of your samplers, you do beautiful work. Shame on Kitten for wanting to sleep on the bed.

llknbillburg said...

You always make me laugh!! And I can really see your animals saying those things to you! I know mine do!!

Your Elizabeth is beautiful and I am pulling for you on that end of the month finish!!!! Laura

Catherine said...

Funny post!! Silly kitten! Beautiful stitching.

RG said...

T-Rex and Peachie! Whoopee ...

Giovanna said...

Wonderful stitching as always! T-rex... teehee :-)

Anonymous said...

Anagram Diffusion's Sampler Tendresse is GORGEouS!!!!

Embroidery Digitizing said...

Dazzling stitch! Thanks so much for sharing.