January 12, 2012

Johnny Meatballs

Hi, Everyone! I made it home in one piece. I'll post the next WIP tomorrow, but I had to show you this truck, which I saw at a rest stop just south of Paramus, New Jersey.

"Sunday Gravy" is tomato sauce, by the way. I had been disappointed that I missed the exit in Connecticut that I've been meaning to take so that I can have lunch at Johnny Pastrami's--every time I go back and forth to the Cape I make a mental note to stop and then forget. Maybe it's better--the food could never live up to the name. The rest stops on the NJ Turnpike are a dreary series of Burger Kings. And the ones in CT are McDonalds. Blah. Generally I bring stuff to snack on, but aside from my jar of fluff and two unwieldy grapefruit, I didn't have anything to eat along with me--poor planning.


See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Reins Deli, Vernon, Connecticut. We stop if the timing is right. And even sometimes when it's not! (Exit 65 off I-84) We even keep the menu in the glove box in case we just want to run in! :)

Beth Pearce said...

Gotta love that truck!

Cari said...

Love it !!! Glad you're home safe !!

Margaret said...

Glad you're home safe and sound. Love the truck! lol!

marly said...

I think I've met him.

Nancy said...

Love the picture of the truck Glenna! Thanks for sharing this.

barbara said...

LMAO!

Shirlee said...

Love it : ) Do you actually eat Fluff out of the jar? I have done that ever since I was a little tyke! It's the food of angels : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Michelle said...

Love the truck. It's "un friggin' believable" for sure. Glad you made it home, even without a stop at Johnny's.

Rabbits' Guy said...

Aw- you shoulda stoled the truck and set a bead on the west, selling meatballs all along the way. You'lda made St Louis or further for sure!