January 12, 2012

Johnny Meatballs

Hi, Everyone! I made it home in one piece. I'll post the next WIP tomorrow, but I had to show you this truck, which I saw at a rest stop just south of Paramus, New Jersey.

"Sunday Gravy" is tomato sauce, by the way. I had been disappointed that I missed the exit in Connecticut that I've been meaning to take so that I can have lunch at Johnny Pastrami's--every time I go back and forth to the Cape I make a mental note to stop and then forget. Maybe it's better--the food could never live up to the name. The rest stops on the NJ Turnpike are a dreary series of Burger Kings. And the ones in CT are McDonalds. Blah. Generally I bring stuff to snack on, but aside from my jar of fluff and two unwieldy grapefruit, I didn't have anything to eat along with me--poor planning.


See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Reins Deli, Vernon, Connecticut. We stop if the timing is right. And even sometimes when it's not! (Exit 65 off I-84) We even keep the menu in the glove box in case we just want to run in! :)

Unknown said...

Gotta love that truck!

Cari said...

Love it !!! Glad you're home safe !!

Margaret said...

Glad you're home safe and sound. Love the truck! lol!

marly said...

I think I've met him.

Nancy said...

Love the picture of the truck Glenna! Thanks for sharing this.

barbara said...

LMAO!

Shirlee said...

Love it : ) Do you actually eat Fluff out of the jar? I have done that ever since I was a little tyke! It's the food of angels : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Michelle said...

Love the truck. It's "un friggin' believable" for sure. Glad you made it home, even without a stop at Johnny's.

RG said...

Aw- you shoulda stoled the truck and set a bead on the west, selling meatballs all along the way. You'lda made St Louis or further for sure!