June 29, 2008

Gotta Run

I'm short on time, so this is just a brief hello and picture of my progress on Americana. Lots to do this last day of the weekend. I'm so excited about July 4 and the week thereafter, when I'm on vacation. Unfortunately, lots to do at work and home and in my homework to get ready. Because summer semester is shorter, the July 4 weekend is not a break from school, and there will be two midterms and an extra load of homework due, so I'm working ahead on the homework. And the garden is popping, so I have some critical weeding to do lest it all be swallowed up by weeds. And workmen are coming to the house to do more stuff, so there are things to move and clean before their arrival. Yikes--too much!

I'll be home for most of the vacation, and then at the end I'll be headed to Cape Cod to visit my parents (while poor BF stays behind to toil at his job and watch over the bunnies and cats), so you may get a chance to look at some different photos for a change! Lots of stashing and poking around in my plans; when I get off the plane in Providence, I'm planning a stash trip and photo expedition to Plymouth, Mass. to visit The Sampler. And there will be a trip to Pear Tree Court in Alexandria next weekend to visit In Stitches. And probably multiple trips to Everything Cross Stitch in Fredericksburg.

Blogging again the Fourth of July. Gotta Run!

11 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is a very busy week! Huggles as you run off into the sunset!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Glenna: Just want to tell you how much I enjoy your blog, all about stitching and critters. Have a great vacation! P.S. The Stitching Post shop in Baltimore is wonderful!

mainely stitching said...

Don't meet yourself coming and going!

RG said...

Buckle your belt!!!!

staci said...

Americana is really looking great!

xeyedmary said...

Please stop at Cranberry Cross Stitch on Rt. 28 in Middleboro on your way to The Sampler! Tell Debra the owner "Mary sent you!"
Deb has all the latest designs, carries DMC, GAST, WDW, CC cotton & silk, TG silk, tons of fabric, buttons & beads.
The last time I went to The Sampler, they had very limited hours so you may want to call ahead. I'll get Deb's hours if you're interested. She holds a Wednesday morning & Thursday evening Stitch group, so Thursdays she's open until 7:00 pm.
I'm not related to Deb, just a very satisfied customer, and a Thursday stitcher. To be honest, since she opened about 4 years ago, I haven't been back to The Sampler.
Rt.44 to Plymouth from M'boro has been updated so it's only about 15 minutes between the 2 towns. Lots of new malls in Plymouth off the "new" Rt.44, too.
Have a great time!

Deb Cushman said...

It sounds like your life is really hopping!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Sounds like fun, love the pic of the taking off rabbit, that would make a great stitching project!

Daffycat said...

Don't stay too busy to stitch or cuddle bunnies!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Rabbit in midflight - how cute!!!

Anonymous said...

happy 4th :-)
love the americana - looks awesome