Things will be quiet here on New Year's Eve. I picked up my car today, did a bit of grocery shopping and headed home. Spaghetti and Italian sausage is on the menu for the evening meal, and if I can stay awake, a bit of stitching toward the Crazy January challenge, the rules of which I'm altering to manage the huge WIP pile of things I've already started. But there will be some new projects, all of them from my stash but one--a pretty, new-to-me sampler that I picked up yesterday when I visited In Stitches. No picture of that yet--I'll be posting each of the next 15 days with a project each day, and I think that will be day 3 or 4.
Here's the update on Christinia Cathcart. The alphabets are VERY time-consuming. In spite of working on this sampler every day for 4-5 hours per day since Sunday, this is as far as I've gotten. I'd hoped to make it over to the right border, but not yet.
Have you seen McDonalds' new toy promotion? The little stuffed animals that come in a Happy Meal are adorable. I'm contemplating buying a Happy Meal each of the next 15 days so that I can collect a bunch of them--but most of all, I want the little white rabbit that's part of the collection. I went through the drive-through today, and when I opened the box there wasn't a little pet, so I parked, marched into the place and asked for my pet. I got it, but it wasn't the rabbit. I'll keep trying. I'm thinking that collecting these animals may be at odds with my diet. I'm wondering if I can get apple or carrot slices instead of fries.
Anna and I have similar lists of New Year's resolutions in several points; here are some of mine:
1. Stitch on the Crazy 15 challenge
2. Learn to crochet
3. Become a better knitter
4. Become proficient at QuickBooks Pro (I've been taking a sorely neglected class)
5. Clean and declutter my house before I become like the crazy people who are buried and smothered by their own possessions
6. Spend some time on Cape Cod with my parents--my mom and I are going to hit some yarn stores on the Cape and walk windy, freezing, deserted beaches.
7. Exercise, eat better and try not to get to bed at 4 a.m. (true story) because I'm busy stitching
8. Find a job [edited to add that BF typically does not read my blog, or I would have put this up on #1. Hee.]
My Crazy 15 list (I'll add one title each day):
1. Christinia Cathcart
This is an older photo of Elvis and Scratchy:
Happy New Year, all, and see you tomorrow with a new start!