September 12, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Just a quick post today, as I have a few non-stitchy things to finish this weekend. I was heartily sick of all of my frequent WIPs, so I took out a few things I hadn't worked on in a while. I actually got a fair amount of stitching time in, but it's pretty spread around, so I don't have tons of progress to show.

Sous le Soleil de la Lune, by Reflets de Soie. AVAS on 40 count maritime white Lakeside Linen.

Charlotte Clayton. This is a restart. NPI on 40 count Lakeside (navy bean?)

Birth of Jesus, by the Stitching Parlor. NPI on 36 count natural something-or-other linen. My favorite part of it is the sheep, which is stitched in Wisper fiber, and the tiny brass stars that are affixed to the trees when the stitching is complete. I'd love to finish this up in time to frame it for Christmas.

Elizabeth Savilles. Crescent Colours on 40 count Lakeside (maritime white, I think). I love the sherbet-y pink.

"Did someone say 'Pink?'"

This has been a tough couple of weeks in rabbit blogging: our bunny blogger friends, Bunny Lady and Rabbits Guy lost a dear bunny named Baxter.


And Patti, the leader of the pack of rabbits at Bright Eyes Sanctuary, lost little Earless Glenna Bun. I met Earless Glenna at a pet adoption and fund-raising event at Bark! in Maryland back in April. She lost her ears to frostbite when some horrible person decided they didn't want the responsibility for a rabbit and just turned her loose.


And close to home, my sister lost her lovely Lab companion, Gracie, a few weeks ago.

Binky free, little guys, and Gracie, no chasing the bunnies, and stay out of the shrimp bowl!

15 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Glenna so sorry to hear about the loses. I had read about Baxter.. I didn't know about the other bunny and Gracie. All those WIP's look great! Makes me want to get some of my out and try to finish.

RG said...

Thanks for the Baxter memory - and how hard to hear of so many. Having pets is 99% great and 1% real tough. So snuggle all yours extra for us too!

Actually I like all those pieces you showed ...

Unknown said...

Your WIPs are looking great! Sorry about your bunny and the pet losses. That makes me so sad when people don't take care of their pet! I can't imagine leaving a domesticated animal out in the wild fending for itself. And I'm not looking forward to the day when my best bud Preston passes away. Makes me sad just thinking about it.

Margaret said...

I love all your WIPs. So pretty! Sorry to hear of all the fur baby losses. So sad for everyone. :(

Melissa said...

Sad pet news. I was especially horrified to see and hear of the bunny who lost her ears to frostbite. That's just sick of the owners to do that!

Onto happier news, love seeing your 'new' pieces. I especially love your Elizabeth Saville. I had put mine down but I think I will just need to start it from scratch with different fibers.

Happy stitching, Glenna!

Crafty Green Poet said...

it's so sad about all the lost animals....

Anonymous said...

Beautiful WIPs! It's sad about all the loss though.. I dread thinking of the day when it's time for one of mine to go :(

Giovanna said...

Your WIPs are all SO gorgeous!

So sorry about the pet losses, hugs to all.

Carol said...

Hi Glenna--Just discovered your beautiful blog and all of your lovely WIPS. I especially love your Elizabeth Saville--brilliant colors.

What a sad week for the bunny owners and for your dear sister. It is such a sad day when our pets leave us...

mainely stitching said...

So many losses! I hope everyone is coping okay.

Your new batch of WIPS are gorgeous. Seriously excellent taste!!

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear about all the losses. My heart goes out to all those that were touched by these sweet ones. And I love all the pieces you been working on. I bought Birth of Jesus after seeing your start on it - I should pull that out and start it.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a bunch of progress Glenna and all over the place! Your stitching is always so beautifully done :)

May all the wee ones rest in peace. My condolences to their masters on the losses.

Siobhán said...

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear about the fur babies. I know how hard that is.

Love the WIPs!! I have Meadow Rue set aside for the Olde Willow threads version of Elizabeth Clayton.... I think I might go with a lighter fabric after seeing how nice yours looks.

Have a good week!

Daffycat said...

Goodness, you worked on nearly every WIP! ROFLOL

Oh, when it rains, it pours. Hugs all around.

Roni said...

I also lost a wonderful bunny before and it is still so painful to look at the rabbit hutches without him. Anyway, we now that they are in better hands now, right?