July 11, 2010

Where are We Going?

We were very fortunate this week to have won this tiger print, done by the wonderful Diana Moll, artist and bun-mom extraordinaire.

The packaging was too cute to throw away:


Thank you, Diana, for both the print and for the packaging!

Although I started my new job this week, and wasn't relaxed or cool enough (it was 103 degrees in Richmond) to take photos of my new, funky city, I am hoping to show Audrey around this week or next, depending on my workload and the temps. Stay tuned for that whereby we will visit Padow's for everything "pigging" out, where we will take a gander at the skyline, and where we will examine old cobblestones and iron front buildings and tobacco warehouses and contemplate how to turn a 19th century ship around after it has picked up a load of tobacco, and the farmers market. I am a bit directionally challenged, and I got lost in Richmond each and every day leaving the city, in spite of the navigation system in my car. I figured it out finally by Friday.

I was able to stitch a bit on Miriam Chilvers, seen here (AVAS on 40 ct Lakeside pearled barley), as well as more on Sous le Soleil (not enough to show).


Peaches wants to assure RG, who has a new kitty, that it's just a small matter to manage a cat. "It'll be ok, RG!"


Happy week ahead!

18 comments:

MyLifesAStitch said...

Awesome print! And the packaging was perfect! Love armadillos... well, not really IRL, but they are cute!

Can't wait to see some of Richmond. Stay cool!!

Margaret said...

Wow, that is one cool print! Love the packaging too! lol! Your Miriam is gorgeous! You're tempting me again..... Hope the job slows down eventually -- and that you love it too!

Daffycat said...

That tiger print is really cool but the packaging is the best part...lol!

You will have your bearings around Richmond in no time, I'm sure.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Thanks for the top billing on this post!!!!!! <3 :)

Katrina said...

What fun paper!!!! Love the print too.

Miriam is gorgeous.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Cool print and fun packaging... what a wonderful gift to receive. Your start on Miriam looks good too. Hope the weather will be a bit cooler in the coming week.
Looking forward to Audrey's adventures in Richmond.

Cari said...

Your print is wonderful...but my personal favorite....the packaging OF COURSE!! How cute is that?? Have a great week!! Hugs

valerie said...

What a great print and packaging! Congrats! Miriam is looking great. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. I'm tempted to buy the chart!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'll be doing a tiger print post soon, too, Glenna!

I'm glad you're getting settled into your new job and I hope it's everything you were looking for and more.

RG said...

Peaches - thanks a bunch - you turn coat. What can I POSSIBLY like about that cat??????

Tell you what - I will trade Kitty Boy for you even-up!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Great Print. Love the package too. I try not to get lost.. But I do sometimes.. I just say" I got to see things I wouldn't have if I didn't get lost.. LOL

Crafty Green Poet said...

Congrats on winning the print and the packaging is wonderful too!

Glad you're finding your way round your new city!

Lovely photo of Peaches too

Valerie said...

Glenna, I love all of your work and your stitching is just beautiful!

I have spent the last 30 minutes reading over many of your older posts and was thrilled to see that you are stitching Sarah McPhail! She is my next Essamplaire piece after I finish Richmond Sampler! I promised myself that I would not purchase Sarah until I was finished with Richmond. Seeing your progress on Sarah and her gorgeous colors is making it difficult to keep my promise!

I hope you enjoy your time off and congrats on the new job! I think that you will like Richmond. I am not a big city type of girl but I always said that if I had to live in a city it would have to be Richmond! I live about two hours west of Richmond and my husband and I love to take day trips there. I hope you have fun exploring your new city!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Wonderful print and fun use of stamps on the package!

I graduated from VCE in Richmond and while I had it all figured out then, I get lost now when we go back. But, it's a wonderful city with so much to see and do. My folks were telling me about the temps though - a new record set recently. UGH!

Stitch By Stitch said...

What a cool print and you're right. Great packaging! It's all in the details:)

Michelle said...

The print is gorgeous! And what fun with the packaging!!! Your start on Miriam Chilvers is lovely, I can't wait to see more. I know you'll get the hang of this new gig soon and be so glad for it. Hang in there!!

mainely stitching said...

What a great treat! Enjoy!!

Nancy said...

Wanted to say welcome to Richmond. I have lived around Richmond all my life...grew up in the East End...married and moved to Chester south of the city and finally settled down to raise my family in Ashland north of the city. Richmond has so much to offer for those that love the city life...for me I prefer the quieter pace of the country life. Hope you feel at home here very soon.---Nancy W.