Very little stitching this week, as the end of the semester is approaching, and assignments have been doubled up, papers have to be written, and there are tests to study for. The homework has been crushing in the last week or so: "Find the EBIT indifference level associated with two financing proposals." Let me tell you about indifference levels! What I'd really, really like to do is stitch. I did work a little bit on Dorothy but have nothing noteworthy to show. Yesterday I took a break at BF's urging (I am somewhat wan and humorless, and meals have consisted mostly of sandwiches and cereal eaten standing at the sink), and he took me to dinner, where the star of the meal was the enormous platter of asparagus and accompanying dish of hollandaise which Mr.-If-it-Isn't-Meat-it-Isn't-Food was happy to leave me to greedily inhale. Then there was a quick stop at Everything Cross Stitch for some supplies; I'm continuing to kit up Christinia Cathcart (I'm utilizing the "fool my budget" model of kitting up parts of projects with each visit so that I am not confronted with a huge bill for silk thread and fancy fabric. Perhaps we should call it the "Silk Thread Sinking Fund." Hah! Try to say THAT fast.
I am also planning to restitch a Birds of a Feather project I did part of for a round robin: "Peace," and I bought a small piece of 32 ct Picture This Plus fabric for it in "Moonglow." I already have all the GAST threads in my stash. In the past I stitched just the house and front lawn but none of the little floating motifs, so I'm looking forward to a re-stitch of this.
I ran across LHN's "Two Red Houses" the other day, or at least most of it. I have the picture and the chart, but not the color/code key. Who knows what I did with it, but it's got to be here somewhere. While I was looking for it though, I stumbled upon this, which I'll bet you remember. It's the "Alphabet Series" from M Designs. I'm using the called for Silk 'N Colors and Lakeside Linens, although not in the suggested colorways. In fact, I think that's what halted my progress on the project. I wasn't 100% thrilled with the effect of the "Mermaid Shimmer" on whatever blue LL I chose. I think the dye variation in the thread is too extreme. Oh, well--another restitch maybe? I enjoyed the design and will finish it up soon since it's so close to done. There are a lot of "G's" in my house; my first and last names, and BF's last name. I've entertained the notion of finding a bunch of "G's" and stitching them up in all different sizes and styles and then hanging them together. I stitched it long enough ago that it shows hoop marks. This must have been just before I switched to Q-snaps. Even though it wasn't stored on the hoop, those marks hang on, resistant even to the steam iron!
Here's another picture of Elvis' nose. He's looking a little less like Jimmy "the "Schnozzola" Durante. "Everybody wants ta get inta the act! Ha-cha-cha-cha-chaaaaa!!" Oh, dear--I'm channeling old vaudeville...time to get back to the books.