November 25, 2007

Be Ye Thankful

It was a quiet Thanksgiving--just the two of us. It gave us a chance to experiment with the menu, sleep late and spend some relaxing time in the house pursuing hobbies. My favorite kind of holiday. We did some non-mall Christmas shopping, and I drove up to Alexandria for In Stitches' blow-out Thanksgiving sale. For those of you who live in the No.Va. area or maybe even a state or two away, I promise it's worth coming to the post-Christmas/New Year's and Super Bowl sales. I'll let you know about dates when I hear, and you can also go to In Stitches' website to sign up for their newsletter (www.institchesneedlework.com). I bought a Moira Blackburn chart for 75% off, stocked up on various kinds of floss to kit out some projects (20% off, which adds up when you're buying the various kinds of silk), and 1/2 off many pre-cut fabrics (although there were no large cuts left when I got there on the second day of the sale). I bought some gorgeous smaller linen pieces for $4 or $5 apiece. The rest of the charts were 20% off also. Pictures of some of my stash in another post along with a discovery I have made and some progress on my various Christmas projects--it's too much to stuff into today's entry.

I bought this little chart: "The Ark" by La-D-Da. I love Noah's Ark samplers, and I've collected several. The fabric is 40 ct RR in Dark Cappuchino, and the fiber is Needlepoint Inc. Silks.

The black and cream design was a nice change from the pink/green/red/white of the Gingerbread House sampler.

This is the Bunnyman, who says he looks like the little silhouette bunny on the chart.

7 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

What a cute bunny!

LivnLaf said...

Hi Glenna...I have that Noah's Ark Sampler too! Sorry I missed the sale I heard about it and purposely stayed away. I had to change my blog(sorry if I sound pretentious)
http://livnlaf.wordpress.com/

Sue(RedsThread)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Bunnyman is so beautiful! And you can tell him I said so! LOL! Love all the stitchy stuff and that chart is oh so cute!

mainely stitching said...

Oh my gosh, that bunny looks so SOFT!! :D

A Moira Blackburn chart at 75% off makes it just about affordable. LOL! I'm doing Infant of Joy for our little bundle of upcoming joy and the price of the chart just had me gasping. Love your La-D-Da start!

Road Trip With Ruby said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog and I'm so glad I did. Very enjoyable reading. I just bought 2Moira Blackburn charts myself, but not at 75% off. :( Good find! Your bunny is adorable.

Annemarie said...

Ooh, I simply HAVE to stitch Noah's Ark, it's gorgeous. What a sweet bunnikins :o)

Lelia said...

beautiful bunny : ) The LA D Da is wonderful. Looking forward to seeing more ... enjoy the day!